UPDATED 20 JULY 2020
Genea has taken the difficult but necessary decision to restrict patients travelling from Victoria to our NSW or ACT clinics. We will not commence any patients from Victoria at our NSW or ACT clinics for the next month (July 2020). This move is in line with government decision to close the border between NSW and Victoria and requests for people to avoid travel between states. We will monitor the situation and review our position as things change.
Rest assured all of our clinics have undertaken an extensive risk assessment to ensure social distancing measures can be maintained alongside delivering the high-quality care Genea is known for, all while ensuring all patients and staff are kept safe.
If you’re ready to get started at Genea or have any questions, please call 1300 361 795.
If you need to speak with your Fertility Specialist about a treatment plan, please get in touch directly with their rooms.
If you’ve got a treatment plan but still need to organise your Nursing Interview or your PRC discussion, please speak with your PRC Team to make an appointment.
What we need you to do if you're visiting one of our clinics
It’s important for you to read the below if you are due to attend monitoring or an appointment at Genea Elements IVF. From Monday 27th April, all Genea clinics will have increased screening in place for anyone entering our clinics.
Upon arriving at the clinic, we ask that you apply the hand sanitiser provided. You will be asked whether you have any influenza like illness or acute respiratory symptoms such as a cough, shortness of breath or a sore throat.
If you answer “No”, your temperature will be checked by a Genea staff member using a contactless forehead thermometer. If your temperature is below 37.9 you will be provided a sticker to apply to your clothing indicating you have passed our screening and granted access to the clinic. Please ensure this sticker remains on during your stay at the clinic.
If you answer “Yes” or your temperature is above 37.9, a number of things will occur:
- You will be provided with a surgical mask and Department of Health COVID-19 Factsheet;
- You will also be advised to leave the premises and immediately contact your GP or a COVID-19 Screening Service for further testing and assessment;
- You will not be able to return to a Genea site until you have provided your Fertility Specialist and Genea with evidence of your COVID-19 negative result;
- Unfortunately this may mean that on the day your treatment or procedure will be postponed or cancelled (including egg collection or embryo transfer).
With regards to increased social distancing measures, Genea has also put in place the following:
- Extended morning clinic times with appointments so we request that you contact your Nursing Team for further details;
- A limit of one support person to accompany you to your procedure; and
- Children will not be allowed on site at any time during the current COVID-19 pandemic.
If you are due to attend an appointment at Genea Elements IVF and you or your support person are feeling unwell, it is important that you contact the clinic prior to attending.
Our ovulation tracking program remains on hold and will be reviewed.
This is an everchanging situation and there may be directives out of our control that may influence our ability to continue your treatment. If this should happen, we will communicate with you at that time.
Enhanced precautionary measures
All Fertility Specialist, Fertility GP, Nursing, PRC, and Counselling appointments are now being conducted via phone/Skype.
The wellbeing of our patients and staff is always our priority and we ask for your assistance in order for us to continue to provide the best possible care at this time.
We understand that this can be an anxious time and would like to remind you that our Counsellors are here for our patients. You can contact them directly through Reception or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may notice some changes in our reception areas, such as signage referring to our interactions with you, as well as hand sanitiser that we request you use upon entry. We’ve also temporarily removed magazines and some of our snacks.
Behind the scenes, we’re also increasing the frequency and level of cleaning in all patient areas including bathrooms, waiting areas and clinical areas. And as you know in our laboratories, your embryos develop in individual chambers in our world leading Geri incubator™, exclusive to Genea.
We appreciate your cooperation during this time and please contact your Nursing Team if you have any questions or concerns.
Further information and advice
A dedicated National Coronavirus Helpline (1800 020 080) has been established alongside a suite of reliable sources of information about COVID-19:
- People are being encouraged to to go online to healthdirect.gov.au/coronavirus to find the information they need and relieve the demand on the helplines.
- The HealthDirect website is regularly updated from government sources to provide timely and accurate consumer-friendly advice and information.
- HealthDirect also has a Symptoms Checker – it’s an online self-guided tool which has been updated to identify people experiencing COVID-19-specific symptoms and provide advice on what they should do next, such as calling ahead before a visit to a GP or emergency department.
- Download the Coronavirus Australia app from the Apple App Store and on Google Play, or join the WhatsApp group for updates.