BSc(Hons), MBBS, MMed, FRANZCOG
Dr Shannon Zawada is empathetic and approachable and delivers personalised care to empower her patients and develop the most appropriate management plan to maximise patients’ potential to have a baby. She offers a range of fertility treatments from lifestyle, ovulation tracking, surgery and assisted reproductive techniques such as IVF. After completing FRANZCOG training she undertook further subspecialty training in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, and enjoys teaching University undergraduate medical students and post-graduate education.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science, The University of Western Australia. First class honours for research into mitochondria in testicular tissue
- Master of Medicine in Reproductive Health and Human Genetics, The University of Sydney
- FRANZCOG and Obstetrics and Gynaecology training, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, The Canterbury Hospital and The Royal Darwin Hospital
- Subspecialty training in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, The Royal Hospital for Women and Genea.
- Lecturer, The University of Sydney in Perinatal and Women’s Health
- Practice focuses in particular on Infertility, Reproductive Endocrinology, Gynaecology and Paediatric/Adolescent Gynaecology