BSE. MSE, MBBS (Hons.), MrMED, FRANZCOG, CREI
Dr Cheryl Phua takes care to create a friendly and open environment and assesses the circumstances of each patient to provide a personalised approach to IVF and fertility treatment. With education in Singapore, United States and Australia she is a native speaker of English and fluent in Mandarin. Cheryl has completed subspecialty training in infertility and reproductive endocrinology (CREI). This includes female and male factor infertility, reproductive endocrinology, adolescent gynaecology, andrology and menopause management. She also teaches University medical students and is active in research projects particularly on fertility preservation and ultrasound diagnosis of deep infiltrating endometriosis.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering and a Master of Biotechnology, Ivy League college University of Pennsylvania. Recipient of the Baxter Allegiance Foundation Scholarship and also a Deans List recipient.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery, University of Sydney. Received the Dame Constance d’Arcy Memorial Prize in Obstetrics and Gynaecology and graduated with honours
- Master of Reproductive Medicine, University of New South Wales
- Fellow, Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- CREI subspecialty in infertility and reproductive endocrinology (including female and male factor infertility, reproductive endocrinology, adolescent gynaecology, andrology and menopause management)
- Various teaching roles, RANZCOG and the University of Sydney
- Ongoing research in a retrospective review of oncofertility at a single tertiary referral unit, and ultrasound diagnosis of deep infiltrating endometriosis and its surgical correlation.
Hear Cheryl chat fertility with Britt & Laura on the Life Uncut podcast below.